She promotes learning for children with dyslexia through her books and counseling.
Author, Entrepreneur Helps Dallas Children Overcome Dyslexia discusses the struggle of overcoming learning challenges. Motivational role models for young children can help future generations of kids who deal with such disabilities. It can help them feel inspired to work harder to overcome their challenges. Barbara Dianis is one of these important role models.
Barbara addresses questions about her career. Also, what it is like combating Dyslexia. Dianis hopes:
- To encourage kids to learn how to cope with common disabilities such as ADD and Dyslexia.
- To inspire kids to pursue their interests and goals
Dianis was able to overcome the challenges of dyslexia with several strategies.
Dianis' accomplishments include:
- A Master’s Degree from Oral Roberts University.
- Degrees in education with a focus in special education Pre-K-12 and language learning disabilities.
- A second master’s degree in the field of psychometrics—the study of testing and diagnosing cognitive abilities.
Dianis talked about her current work educating children with conditions like hers. She also talks about her former students who have gone on to earn master’s degrees.
Barbara Dianis is now an author of three books.
- Dianis’ books educate others on dyslexia.
- She has counseled parents to better understand dyslexia.
- Teaches parents to assist their children in implementing effective learning techniques during homework and study time.
Dianis promotes discipline and hard work to achieve success.
Some of Dianis' accomplishments:
- Educational specialist at Trinity Christian Academy in Addison.
- Later became the founder of Dianis Educational Systems, LLC—helps those with ADD, ADHD, and learning differences.
Dyslexia is a difficult condition. Individuals who suffer from dyslexia have trouble associating written symbols (such as words) with meanings. Often, children diagnosed with dyslexia are told not to expect to go to college, or any kind of meaningful career. Barbara Dianis ignored these predictions. She graduated with a bachelor’s and two master’s degrees. She is an inspiration.
If you or someone you know is having difficulty with learning, then you’ll want to try our free assessment. Learn how to get to the root of the problem. Find out which micro-skills need strengthening and increase learning ability. Take our assessment by clicking here.